[Kde-games-devel] Unify pixmap caching across card games

Ian Wadham ianw2 at optusnet.com.au
Thu Jan 10 06:50:34 CET 2008

On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 05:03 am, Luciano Montanaro wrote:
> Il Wednesday 09 January 2008 03:54:24 Ian Wadham ha scritto:
> > Interesting stuff!  How about a KDE Games multicultural section?
>
> I'd like to contribute programming a KDE program for multiplayer card
> games. I actually wanted to start with the Cirulla, a variaton of the Scopa
> (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scopa),
> but there are many that can be implemented easily, once the first is
> finished.

Great idea, Luciano!  I guess it would have to be networked, etc. so
might be a multi-person project.

> I think it would be interesting to aggregate games from other countries
> too. A sort of "card games interactive museum".
>
> A smaller scale project could be augmenting KPat with one or more subgames.
> I know a few Italian solitaires that could be fun to program and to play.

The more the merrier ... :-)

> ... the suits tarots cards are the same used in many Italian decks. Tarots
> seem to be an Italian invention, however.

Like many other fine Italian inventions of that era: clear glass (Venice),
lenses, banking and double-entry book-keeping ... not to mention
modern algebra ... ;-) ... but the Arab civilisation invented algebra.

Cheers, Ian W.