[Kde-games-devel] Unify pixmap caching across card games

Luciano Montanaro mikelima at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 01:50:46 CET 2008

Il Tuesday 08 January 2008 17:58:53 Andreas Pakulat ha scritto:
> On 06.01.08 11:57:05, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've started to work on unifying the pixmap caching across card games,
> > currently that involves kpat and lskat which are in kdegames presently.
> >
> > I'm planning to use KPixmapCache behind the scenes instead of any custom
> > caching method for the pre-rendered SVG's. For this to work well across
> > all card games I've created a new class CardCache in libkdegames and I'd
> > like to have a discussion about the API.
> >
> > The attached file contains the header of this class including api dox,
> > so please have a look and send your comments.
>
> Another update on the files, this time I include the whole bunch, i.e.
> header and implementation. I'm currently thinking about making loadTheme
> not cancel the last call to it, but instead do that only if the LoadInfo
> is the same. If a different loadinfo or theme is used it'll schedule
> another thread.
>
> Andreas

Again, I've had just a quick look. It seem to be shaping up nicely.

If we disregard tarots, for the moment, there may still be the issue of the
jokers. Most decks have two of them a black one and a red one. Some deck do
not make any distinction, however, and I do not know if there are games where
this actually matters (Well, apart from the "solitaire" encryption method
described in the Cryptonomicon), and no kpat game not lskat are currently
using the jokers.

Ciao, Luciano