[Kde-games-devel] Unify pixmap caching across card games

Ian Wadham ianw2 at optusnet.com.au
Wed Jan 9 00:22:25 CET 2008

On Wed, 9 Jan 2008 03:58 am, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> Another update on the files, this time I include the whole bunch, i.e.
> header and implementation.

Thank you for all your work on this, Andreas.  Just a small footnote.

When Luciano said "dice", he perhaps had a typo on "deuce", which
is American for two (in card games), but maybe not a widely known
word outside the USA, except as a score in tennis ... :-)

And Tarot cards do have suits (4 of 14 cards each, called swords, staves,
coins and cups), but there are 22 special cards with names like The Fool,
The Lovers, The Wheel of Fortune and Death.  Artists knock yourselves
out! :-)  According to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarot_cards there
are Tarot card games, played in several European countries, but the cards
are mainly used for fortune-telling in English-speaking countries.

It might be fun to have a KDE fortune-teller.  "Cross my palm with silver,
dearie", as the gipsy fortune-tellers used to say ... :-)

All the best, Ian W.