[Kde-games-devel] The status of Kolf

Mauricio Piacentini piacentini at kde.org
Wed Jan 2 18:21:46 CET 2008

Pierre wrote:
>> HOWEVER! If the majority votes to have it removed, I will not stand in the
>> way... but please have a good thought before we make such decision. With Kolf
>> gone KDEGames will lose the only sport game in the collection *sigh*

Due to the short time before tagging (and most people on vacation) I
think we should keep the game anyway, so I will withdrawn my proposal
for comments and removal of it. We should have tested all games more
throughly before release imo, but this is something we can do for 4.0.1
as part of a more "formal" release procedure. The problem is that we
have many, many games, and they have changed a lot during the past year.

> I'll take part to this vote then : I'm against the removal. The game
> seems to be playable, and small issues could be fixed for KDE 4.0.1,
> which will probably be released short after the KDE 4.0.0 release...

I fixed what I could in Kolf yesterday night, the intro screen is
correct right now, and the unused menu actions removed. The fact is:
without someone *gently* poking people, there is no reason to believe
what we could not fix in 1 year will be solved in 3-4 weeks, for 4.0.1.
But we can be optimistic. And we will get more users (with bug reports)
after 4.0 is out.

In the case of Kolf specifically, it now appears to be in similar (or
better) shape compared with the version we ship in 3.x, and this is good
enough for me.

Regards,
Mauricio Piacentini