[Kde-games-devel] Cooperation with Gnome games?

Luciano Montanaro mikelima at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 14:10:04 CET 2008

On Friday 15 February 2008 13:28:43 Inge Wallin wrote:
> I read Planet Gnome from time to time, and noticed that they will have an
> IRC meeting soon for their games -- on monday.
>
> Given that much development right now in kdegames is about networked games
> and that this will also be a topic on the Gnome irc meeting, I think that
> it would perhaps be good to have a representative from kdegames there.
> Would be good to at least share protocols, don't you agree?
>
> See http://live.gnome.org/GnomeGames/ChatMeetings for more info.

Sure, it could be useful to cooperate. Especially with networked multiplayer
games, but file format specification for common things could be useful as
well. For example, some of the Gnome mahjongg layouts are nice, and it would
be good to be able to import them and use them from kmahjongg.

I've seen they are use an xml specification for the level layout...
Letting kmahjoung use that as well could be a nice little project.

Luciano