[Kde-games-devel] New game in playground: KDiamond

Stefan Majewsky majewsky at gmx.net
Mon Feb 11 22:14:10 CET 2008

Am Samstag 09 Februar 2008 03:52:02 schrieb Dmitry Suzdalev:
> I might add, that game is currently imported in playground/games/kdiamond,
> and is compilable and runnable (at the moment at least ;) ).
> It has some issues atm (also see TODO file), but they don't stand in your
> way of trying this nice game :)

I have managed to shrink the todo list's size quite far, and that brings me to
the question: What things remain to make KDiamond fit for the kdegames
module? The following items come to my mind:

* sounds (has to wait until someone makes sounds)
* artwork (in process)
* theming (i.e. actually support multiple themes through a configuration
dialog; that is next on my todo list)
* handbook (can be done on one or two calm evenings)

Are there anything I have missed? And could it be realistic to get KDiamond
into 4.1? As far as I know, that means that I need to be ready by mid-march,
because of two weeks in kdereview and the feature freeze by the end of march.
Of course, KDiamond will need more bug fixing and some performance
improvements, but that is what a feature freeze is for.

Stefan Majewsky