[Kde-games-devel] Does Ksirk start for you?

Dmitry Suzdalev dimsuzkde at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 10:09:21 CET 2008

On Friday 05 of December 2008 05:42:24 Eugene Trounev wrote:
> Yeah, I didn't report. As a matter of fact I do never report bugs, but
> there are a three reasons for that...
> first - I despise the bug tracking system, which imho was designed by the
> demons of hell with a sole purpose of tutoring people...
> second - I would like to hope there are those who do the testing, and I
> wouldn't want to steal their *jobs*
> third - I hate to be a bother, as I think the devs know their problems, and
> if something is broken today, it will certainly be fixed tomorrow :)
>
> (and also secretly I always suspect that the problem is purely my, as my
> system is usually screwed up badly :P )

From above four problems, only first makes some sence (for you as a user) :)

- in KDE there's no QA team apart from its users. So actually it is better to say
that when you don't report bugs, you don't steal *jobs*, you steal *fixes*. Of course
no one will tell you that it is "bad" not to report bugs - it's your choice :)

- I notice that this is common misconseption that bug reports "bother" developers.
No! They help them! Developer never writes ideal code and he knows it. He also knows
that most of the time he just can't find *all* errors. This is simply obvious. So bug
reports are help, not something that bothers. If bug bothers developer, then most
probably he will be bothered by development of the app as a whole. And perhaps it
would be better for him to pass maintainership to some more interested person.

- If you think that problem is yours and belongs only to your system it's still
better to report it. It might be a bug. It might be fixed. If it's not a bug,
developer will just close bug report and say "dude, your system is a complete mess,
sorry" ;-)

Cheers,
Dmitry.