[Kde-games-devel] kpat background change?

Parker Coates parker.coates at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 21:20:41 CEST 2008

On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 15:07, Matthew Woehlke
<mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> Ok, so something strange happened while playing kpat yesterday... the
> background suddenly changed from the nice, neutral gray, to something
> darker and red/blue that's harder to see the cards against (at least,
> when using the Oxygen deck).
>
> (What's strange is I was building kdeutils at the time; I can see this
> happening if I'd just installed kdegames and thus replaced the
> background image, but it was strange that my /running instance/ decided
> to suddenly change backgrounds when I didn't seem to be mucking in
> kdegames.)
>
> The new background *does* look nice, and might work fine with other
> decks, but will we be getting an option to change backgrounds soon? (I'd
> love to see a felt-green one also!)
>
> (Even stranger; I just build kdegames on this machine and I still get
> the gray background, even though if I open kpat/background.svg in
> inkscape it's clearly the new one.)

It's probably an issue with caching. Try resizing the window several
times and you should get the new background. Did it really happen
spontaneously while playing, or is there a chance that something
changed the window size?

Either way, this isn't desirable behaviour. Maybe there's an issue
with KPat's cache handling.

Parker