[Kde-games-devel] KDE Games Report from Akademy 2008

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Aug 20 17:49:32 CEST 2008

Richard Hartmann wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 01:47, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> Please don't feed spammers :-).
>
> I manually removed your email address. I can't promise I will be able to do
> this every time I reply to a mail by you, but I _will_ try to remember.

Ideally, you would configure your mailer to not do that, but since I
don't know what mailer you use, I'm not sure if it's possible. Anyway
it's not a huge deal; PCYMTNQREAIYR is something I picked up from the
Cygwin lists (and IMO is a good idea; if you google that plus the name
of your mailer, you probably have a decent shot at finding instructions
how to do it for your mailer).

> That being said, the list software should obsfuscate all adresses.
> Subscribed members should still be able to see all addresses, though.

I'm not sure how well that would work with gmane :-), or for that
matter, that it wouldn't break other stuff. That's a big debate that I
don't want to get in here (not on this list, anyway).

>>> Does not mean there couldn't be a second way of doing things. :)
>> Sure, but my way seems easier ;-).
>
> To you.

True :-).

> My experience with most users is that the notion of virtual
> desktops confuses them and they avoid them like fire. Unfortunate,
> but that's the way it is.

Yeah, it is unfortunate. IMO virtual desktops are one of the best
features of Linux/X/KDE/whatever-you-blame-for-them.

--
Matthew
Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong. Plan accordingly.