[Kde-games-devel] canned meat product (was: KDE Games Report from Akademy 2008)

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Aug 20 17:49:22 CEST 2008

Ethan Anderson wrote:
> I still want a mail service that lets me block mail by continent and a
> large, complex set of formatting rules--  take out spam and all those
> annoying people who forward things in one fell swoop.  If anyone knows
> of one, please let me know ;)

That seems like a bad idea, given the diversity of location of KDE (and
FLOSS in general) developers :-). OTOH, even M$O allows filtering by
language; I'd be surprised if this isn't a common feature.

What I'd like is a filter that blocks HTML mail where the HTML content
bears no relation whatsoever to the plaintext content. You know, those
ones that are spam if you view the HTML, but the plaintext is something
like "Jennifer flying pigs land twenty crater purple spandex..." ;-).

(Actually, for the longest time I wondered YTH people would send what
was clearly randomly-generated text, and how it would possibly entice me
to "bY VI 4 g R4!". Then I finally decided to view the source of one,
and realized, to my disappointment, that the HTML was just boring spam,
and the plaintext section was an independent hunk of randomly-generated
text. I was hoping for some clever obfuscation, but alas.)

--
Matthew
Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong. Plan accordingly.