[Kde-games-devel] Sound in kdegames?

Eugene Trounev eugene.trounev at gmail.com
Sun Aug 17 18:16:05 CEST 2008

According to Phonon (ex)developer that's what he's offered TT to begin with (a
complete multimedia solution), but they don't want that. The only purpose of
Phonon is to abstract the sound output well enough for it to be easily
accessible on Windows/Mac/Unix. They are not interested in a complete
multimedia solution. Their main reason for this - they are not a multimedia
company (no games, and such), and the most apps only need a very basic sound
support.
As for the development continuation - TT will be maintaining the code for now,
until a new dev is found/old one returns (maybe).