[Kde-games-devel] KGo slowly matures

Sascha Peilicke sasch.pe at gmx.de
Wed Aug 13 17:20:33 CEST 2008

Hi folks,

time for another update on KGo. It should be playable human-vs-human now with
no real issues, playing against CPU or CPU-vs-CPU can be set up in the GUI
but is not enabled currently because I haven't figured out a sane way yet to
do this right. This also relates to the current GoEngine implementation which
blocks and waits for GnuGo's response and thus blocks the UI. Getting a right
solution is quite tricky, because GoEngine is basically a wrapper around the
GTP-protocol + bits that are missing and it is B.I.G. Help appreciated...

Expect a demo mode to appear soon after CPU-vs-CPU is ready. Saving and
that (something like Palapeli did).
--
Sascha Peilicke
http://saschashideout.de