[Kde-games-devel] Bomberman

Tue Aug 12 01:31:27 CEST 2008

On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 19:04, Karl Ove Hufthammer <karl at huftis.org> wrote:

> Yes. I suggest that *default* theme being kid-friendly and cheerful and use
> the official KDE palette. Then alternative themes can be made in the style
> of a dark, dystopian sci-fi movie with angry robots. :)

There is no official palette, afaik. There are several, depending on theme.
I somewhat doubt a bomberman clone works without more agressive &
bright colors than a typical KDE desktop offers, though.

> Sure. I just meant the graphics as inspiration regarding the light,
> cheerful and colourful style. An actual theme may well use completely
> different design elements. (I think a theme similar to the icy theme
> in mrboom may suit Tux well, though.)

I have to admit that I have come to loathe the Tux references. A mascot
is nice and all that, but the artwork is often uninspired. This has left a
bad taste in my mouth. OTOH, there are some great artists, maybe
this _can_ work. And if I don't like it, I will just use another theme :)

> Yeah. But do have a sensible, simple default. I hate games that makes me go
> through several options screens to set all possible options before starting
> the actual gamepaly. I like a nice 'Start game' button with good defaults.

Sure. 'Start game' and, in the settings, a list with game modes. Only if
you edit those will you be exposed to the underlying settings.

Richard