[Kde-games-devel] Bomberman

Mathias Kraus k.hias at gmx.de
Mon Aug 11 21:21:11 CEST 2008

Richard Hartmann schrieb am Monday 11 August 2008:
> On Sun, Aug 10, 2008 at 14:37, Mathias Kraus <k.hias at gmx.de> wrote:
> > so I decided to
> > make a bomberman game that can be played over network.
>
> Great!
>
> >  granatier (yes, I spent the whole year for finding a name
> > and now I notice I have no K in it ;) ).
>
> Klanbomber? :)
Hehe. I could have been so easy :)

> Especially if you were able to make it use the same artwork or even allow
> your application to connect to clanbomber instances, this would make sense.
> Note that I don't know how well the clanbomber network stuff could
> integrate into the way KDE games handle networked games.

I will have a look at that, but the priorities for now is  to make it somehow
work :)

> Food for thought:
> * Can you import the artwork of clanbomber (yes, they are bitmaps, so the
> default would need to be different or re-done from scratch)
> * Can you read level designs from clanbomber or other bomberman clones?

This is actually what I want to to at first. I like the artwork and the sound
of clanbomber and want to make a similar SVG theme after I get it into a state
that it is playable. I also have a few custom levels and the level format is
simple, so it shouldn't be a big problem to use the levels.

Hias