[Kde-games-devel] Embedded online gaming mode, KReversi patch

Josef Spillner spillner at kde.org
Sun Aug 10 16:46:55 CEST 2008

Hi all,

in preparation for Wednesday's tournament at Akademy I've been working on
porting more KGGZ features to KDE 4, and also adding new features never seen
before.
So today I've finished the first working prototype of "embedded core clients"
which integrates the GGZ core client functionality into KDE games. With just
a few lines of code a connection dialogue opens up and allows a user to play
online. This feature complements launching the game from a core client, which
is good since there is no KDE 4 core client yet (although there will soon be
one).

To test the new feature, a couple of awkward steps are currently necessary,
which can hopefully be avoided in the future:

- check out ggz-base-libs and ggz-kde-center from SVN (svn co
svn://svn.ggzgamingzone.org/svn/trunk/{base-libs,kde-center})
- install ggz-base-libs
- install libkdegames from SVN
- on top of it, install ggz-kde-center
- apply the patch found in [0] to kreversi
- compile and install kreversi
- launch kreversi and press 'C'
- enjoy :)

Josef