[Kde-games-devel] Kmines

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Aug 1 18:20:39 CEST 2008

Ethan Anderson wrote:
>> Eh? LMB+RMB works fine for me, which is the same control I'm used to
>> from 'doze.
>
> 'used to' has killed small woodland creatures.  Your playing style
> wears my fingers out, and I happen to be 'used to' something else.
> Also note that you can make something better and you'll get used to
> it, but being used to something won't make it better.

I don't object to change (was just expressing confusion over your
assertion that three buttons are needed; they aren't)

Perhaps you should explain what you'd like to see for those of us that
avoid gnome as much as possible? :-)

>> Hmm, sounds interesting, but seems like it would be very hard. Speaking
>> of variations, another I've played is where you have a start and end and
>> have to make your way across the board, and you only know how many mines
>> are adjacent to your current position.
>
> First you'd go through [snip explanation of how to fix the code]

Sorry for not being clear. What I meant was, it sounds like *playing*
such a game would be very hard. Maybe because I have never tried it I am
wrong, but... :-)

>>> --Windows  for 1 to 3 mine per space configs
>> Eh? Did that horrid OS I won't name ship with a multi-mine-per-space
>> variant?
>
> This has nothing to do with the OS.  We simply use those whom we do
> not speak of as the hazards on the field.
> One adjacent mine is '95, two is XP, three is Vista.

Aaaaaah... now I see! I *like* it! :-D

--
Matthew
FOSS: Giving people the cage and it's blueprints, gratis. The "L" matters.