[Kde-games-devel] Kmines

Fri Aug 1 15:41:10 CEST 2008

2008/8/1 Burkhard Lehner <Burkhard.Lehner at gmx.de>:

> What about arbitrary polygonal partitions, i.e., like Voronoi diagrams? All
> "natural neighbors" are counted for presence of mines.
>
> Just an idea, and is the generalization of square and hexagonal fields.

If you are taking it this far, the fields do not have to be all the same. They
do not even have to have the same shape more than once. This makes
the code a _lot_ harder, though. Thus, I was settling for hexagons which
can be handled relatively easy.
But if anyone is up for creating totally arbitary boards, that could make
for some nice game modes. Now that we have SVGs everywhere, you
can even use flowing lines.. :)

Richard