[Kde-games-devel] Kmines

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Aug 1 04:39:51 CEST 2008

Ethan Anderson wrote:
> --to clear adjacent spaces to one around which all mines have been
> flagged requires middle clicking in KDE4 Kmines.  You only need two
> input signals to play minesweeper.  To see a proper implementation of
> the control model, see gnome-mines

Eh? LMB+RMB works fine for me, which is the same control I'm used to
from 'doze.

> --multiple mines per space.  This really takes the game logic up a
> notch, and theoretically only requires subtle code modification and
> some new art.

Hmm, sounds interesting, but seems like it would be very hard. Speaking
of variations, another I've played is where you have a start and end and
have to make your way across the board, and you only know how many mines
are adjacent to your current position.

> --the interesting challenge that is variable geometry.  I hear this is
> under consideration but as it requires a rather different programming
> model for the game logic it may take a while..  It's going to be
> awesome to see but I'm not really in a hurry.

Also sounds interesting ;-).

> I also have some theme ideas and may be able to provide some art themes, such as
> --nuclear  for 1 mine per space configs
> --biohazard  for 1 mine per space configs

Sounds interesting, do you do art?

> --Windows  for 1 to 3 mine per space configs

Eh? Did that horrid OS I won't name ship with a multi-mine-per-space
variant?

--
Matthew
ENOWIT: .sig file for this machine not set up yet