[Kde-games-devel] [patch] Bug 161332: kdiamond should be able to drag jewel to move it

Matt Williams matt at milliams.com
Mon Apr 28 03:21:34 CEST 2008

On Sunday 27 April 2008 21:25:37 Stefan Majewsky wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> as mentioned in the subject, there is a KDiamond feature request for the
> possibility to drag diamonds to move them. I've written a patch to add this
> feature.
>
> The patch is attached as request for comments. I'm especially concerned
> whether this is a feature or just a bug; because the former could mean that
> the commit could be blocked by feature freeze. I'll commit on Tuesday if
> there are no objections.

While it is true that there exists a spectrum with bugfixes at one end and
feature additions at the other with all patches falling somewhere inbetween
(this also depends on severity of bug, addition/changing of strings etc.), in
this case I think it's enough of a feature addition to be disallowed. At the
moment we're in 'Soft Freeze' which, as far as  can tell means that you can
add new features but only if they were already scheduled (i.e. added to the
4.1 feature page on techbase [1]) which as far as I can tell, this wasn't.

This is not a critical feature and while these deadlines can seem unnecessary
and trivial since your patch isn't going to be detrimental in any way I try
to be strict when it comes to kdegames.

At least this way, you've already got a new feature to add to the KDE 4.2
version :)

Regards,
Matt Williams

[1] http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/KDE4/4.1_Feature_Plan