[Kde-games-devel] Ready to move (was: Re: KSirk issues)

Kleag kleag at free.fr
Sat Apr 19 00:52:22 CEST 2008

Hello,

I think that KsirK is now ready to move to kdereview. There is
still some entries in its TODO file but they can be done from
kdegames before the 4.1 release. All features are working
except for network playing that will be made available again
before the release.

The last important changes are the introduction of a skin,
copy of the main one but with minimum animation and a
new option to display directly on the countries the number
of armies. Both are not the default in order to keep the KsirK
identity.

There was also something like 15 less important changes.
And this evening, I corrected all possible EBN code checking
issues.

I plan to move KsirK to kdereview on saturday evening
(EST), so you can have a look before, if you want.

Best regards,

Kleag

wrote:
> > Hi, this are the KSirk issues i found while trying to play
it:

> >  * The first window has a broken layout, open it and play
>
> with resizing and
>
> > you'll see that you can make the soldiers be on top of
>
> buttons, etc
> I'll have to ask for help, here. I'm a noob concerning
> layouting. I don't know what choices should be made to
> avoid these problems.
>
> >  * The "going to display your goal make sure noone is
>
> looking" info window
>
> > has scrollbars when it's completely not necessary,
maybe

> that's a kdelibs
>
> > issue though
>
> Yes, probably a kdelibs bug. It's just a
> KMessageBox::information. It should resize itself
> automatically I suppose. I'll ask...
>
> >  * We either need scrollbars or scale the map so that it
fits

> on the window
> I still don't agree with that. The original map move by
> placing the mouse near the borders make a neat
difference
> with others. It's easy to play like that. A kind of bird-eye-
view
> could be used but it is not necessary for this version, I
think.

> >  * I don't see the point in zooming
> >  * Zooming makes ksirk consume a lot much more more
of