[Kde-games-devel] generic names in .desktop files

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Apr 15 19:44:51 CEST 2008

hi games people!

the topic of app menus came up at one point at Tokamak (surprise!) and one of
the identified pain points was the games menu. [ade] has also blogged about
this issue recently.

what it comes down to, essentially, is that the generic names for many of our
games are rather unhelpful to the user. having N "Boardgame" entries show up
isn't overly great.

a suggestion that came up was that many games simply don't *have* generic
names: killbots is .. well .. killbots. and that's that.

some do, however: kpat is a Sollitaire Card Game.

what do you folks think?

i'd love to get this cleaned up for 4.1 a bit if we can.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se