[Kde-games-devel] KSirk issues

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sun Apr 6 22:30:09 CEST 2008

Hi, this are the KSirk issues i found while trying to play it:

 * The first window has a broken layout, open it and play with resizing and
you'll see that you can make the soldiers be on top of buttons, etc
 * The "going to display your goal make sure noone is looking" info window has
scrollbars when it's completely not necessary, maybe that's a kdelibs issue
though
 * We either need scrollbars or scale the map so that it fits on the window
 * I don't see the point in zooming
 * Zooming makes ksirk consume a lot much more more of resources than when not
zooming is done
 * Pressing the flag on the toolbar to get the goal gives me html
 * You can not do some things like show the goal, end turn, etc from the
menubar
 * Differentiating my and other armies is not easy
 * In my opinion animated flags are a bad idea, it makes it very difficult to
concetrate and the fact that they are animated probably adds up to the fact
that it's difficult to diferentiate my and other armies
 * When starting a non network game i would prefer to replace the "ask N
dialogs asking the player name, country, if is computer , etc" with a single
big dialog where i can input everything like the one used in ksquares and
kiriki.
 * The fact that you have to drag to attack is not intuitive at all for the
first time player, i just could not play until i was told to do that on IRC
 * Playing a game vs 5 computer games, attacking makes nothing and seems to
hang the game (kleak told me that is a bug that he is going to fix soon)

Albert