[Kde-games-devel] Re : Re : What to do for default theme for Kapman?

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Apr 3 00:29:58 CEST 2008

Mauricio Piacentini wrote:
> There is another benefit of using a single-file SVG for themes:
> performance. We usually create just one KSvgRenderer object, and keep it
> for the life of the theme. So all elements are already parsed and
> initialized, and when  we need to render a new element (or re-render one
> at a different size) we do not incur the penalty of creating the
> renderer, opening and parsing several files. For complex themes like the
> Egypt one in KGr this translates into significant savings.

Actually, what's the problem with several persistent renderers on
several, but smaller svg's? I'm wondering if this is really that big of
an issue.

(Of course, there are problems with the current design, but that's a
different story.)

--
Matthew
 > pinotree uses the large trout on tsdgeos and PutHuhn :)
 > PutHuhn runs
 > tsdgeos lights a fire and eats the trout
(with apologies to Pino Toscano, PutHuhn and Albert Astals Cid, who came
up with this entirely on their own)