[Kde-games-devel] LSkat Online

Martin Heni kde at heni-online.de
Wed Apr 2 18:21:39 CEST 2008

Having to do a little study on how easy Qt programs can be converted to Java I
used the LSkat program as an example.
It actually turned out to be _really_ easy - Qt is more Java compatible than I
thought ;-) Only real issue are the signal-slots of Qt.

One interesting finding was that despite the program not doing _any_
painting optimization (just painting everything in every update cycle)
it runs roughly twice as fast as the Qt/KDE version. Should this worry us?
[Windows vs Linux: On XP it is ~20% faster than on X11.]
However, note that this was not a precise measurement but just looking
a bit manually at frame rates. Also I did not use the latest Qt version. So
dont hold me on these measurements.

If you want to have a look, the program is online at
http://www.heni-online.de/java/

Btw. it looks exactely like the KDE version and thus might serve as a good
advert for KDE - I link KDE and KDE games a lot :-)