[Kde-games-devel] SVG Rendering speed

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Sep 19 12:24:38 CEST 2007

Hi,

as I pointed out in my blog
(http://apaku.wordpress.com/2007/09/18/kde4-games/)
kde4 games take a while to start or to change window-size. Testing with
kpat and its "random cards" feature it really seems like rendering the
SVG is the problem. When it chooses a deck with relatively small cards
the update is faster than with the default deck or any other
larger-card-deck. Its still rather slow on my machine though.

I'm using a nearly 4 year old laptop, with  a 1.4GHz Centrino and 1GB
Ram. It has a built-in ATI Radeon MObility 9200 using the free radeon
driver. I'm running a dual-head setup with X11's Xinerama (_not_ the
MergedFB Option from radeon) and thus things like composite and even
XRender don't work. Don't know if any of that is related or not, as I
really have no idea how the Qt Svg Renderer works.

I'll see if I can get a valgrind profile from kpat tomorrow.

Andreas

--
You could live a better life, if you had a better mind and a better body.