[Kde-games-devel] Possible Improvements and remaining Bugs

mezz dbdkmezz at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 22:19:27 CET 2007

On Tuesday 23 October 2007 20:27:38 Fela Winkelmolen wrote:
> Hallo all!!
> Today I did a quick walktrough of all games present in kdegames, so I'm
> reporting some problems I encountered that seems easy to fix.
> Don't take it as a critic, just as some things we could improve to make the
> games even cooler =)
>

> Kolf:
> * repaints the whole scene when the ball bounces, making the game slow

THAT'S why the game is so slow when the ball is being pushed around by
floaters! I was worried certain Kolf levels would be unplayable on slower
computers, but if it just collisions causing a global redraw then all will be
well when I fix that :)

However, I've just had a look around the collisions code and can't work out
what's causing the whole screen to be redrawn. Does anyone have an ideas what
sort of thing could be causing this? Any specific function calls to look out
for? (I'm still not very experienced with Qt, so not really sure exactly what
to look for).

Thanks

dbdkmezz / Paul Broadbent

Kolf Maintainer