[Kde-games-devel] Possible Improvements and remaining Bugs

Fela Winkelmolen fela.kde at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 19:08:48 CEST 2007

On Wednesday 24 October 2007, Martin Heni wrote:
> > KWin4:
> > * slow animation (cpu heavy),
>
> Does this also occur for a non reflection theme. The reflections are super
> slow but I dont think this can be changed. Without reflections it seems
> alright to me.

Yes. Note that I'm referring to the start-up animation.

> > * background is screwed (it seems to use some random piece of my desktop
> > as background... I can provide a screenshot if needed).
>
> I have no clue about this and can't reproduce. Nothing special is done for
> the background. It is cached QGraphicsView::CacheBackground and a pixmap is
> set as background brush???

I don't know... it seems to "forget" to load the background, sometimes it
loads it all right though. Maybe I can see if I can fix it myself, but right
now I haven't much time.

> > LSkat:
> > * same problems as KWin4
>
> see above
>
> > * game view isn't centered
>
> What do you mean with this? Can you give an example?

I mean that the game is left aligned and top aligned instread of centered, try
to give the window proportions very different from those of the game to see
what I mean. The same applies to KWin4 btw.