[Kde-games-devel] Possible Improvements and remaining Bugs

Fela Winkelmolen nimatar at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 00:00:32 CEST 2007

> > KAtomic:
> > * game view isn't centered
> > * the padding of the game view seems to big to me, it don't leaves much
> > space for the game
>
> Errr, what do you want to center, it was designed to appear that way i
> would say.

http://img527.imageshack.us/my.php?image=katomicac2.jpg

Ok, I admit that's a bit of an extreme case...

> > KMines:
> > * changing a theme don't seem to empty the pixmap cache: you have to
> > resize the window to make the new theme show up.
>
> It seems to work here.

I will try to find how to reproduce it exactly. I thought it happens always
initially, but now noticed that sometimes it seems to work all right.

> > KPat:
> > * game view is not centered
>
> Not sure i agree here in having it centered, it would seem more natural
> right aligned.

I'm confused...

> > KSame:
> > * game view is not centered
>
> Not sure i agree here in having it centered, balls "fall" to the left so
> actually having it left centered seems natural.

You have a point here. The vertical alignment should be at the bottom then,
though.
Another solution (but which would require a bit more work) could be to have a
border of some different color, for example using a background overlay. Maybe
for 4.1...

> > KShinsen:
> > * repaints the whole scene when elements get deleted
> >
> > KSudoku:
> > * missing icons of the various game type
> >
> > KTuberling:
> > * somehow it's slow when adding an item to the picture: if freezes for a
> > second or so, not sure why
>
> Because the pixmap gets converted to a qsvgitem, no trivial way to make it
> faster
>
> > KWin4:
> > * slow animation (cpu heavy),
> > * background is screwed (it seems to use some random piece of my desktop
> > as background... I can provide a screenshot if needed).
>
> Can't reproduce.

here is what I get (the same happens with LSkat)
http://img112.imageshack.us/my.php?image=kwin4od0.png

> Tomorrow we enter "no new features, bufixes only, no new or changed
> message, incomplete features are disabled" so i'd say all your comments
> apply.
>
> > I think I can fix a lot of the things mentioned myself
> > (although I don't know how fast as I'm quite busy with university),
> > however I'm not sure I can just change the code or if I should send a
> > patch to the maintainer of the app, I think straight forward changes can
> > just be applied, but being new to KDE development I'm not sure what the
> > usual practice is.
>
> The nettiquete says, send to maintainer unless, it's really really trivial
> (i'd say none of your changes apply here) or you've already contacted him
> in the past and he said (no need to contact me for such small patches).
>
> Albert

Thanks for the reply =)

- Fela
--
Hello! I'm a signature virus. Copy me to your signature, ^^ pleeeeease!!!!!!