[Kde-games-devel] i18n issue with Move menu

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri Oct 19 01:05:14 CEST 2007

http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Localization/i18n_Challenges:
> > > If there are strings translators need context information for, the only
> > > option currently is to add a parameter to the call to extractrc, so the
> > > context info is added to all strings extracted from the file.
> >
> > and :
> > > Adding context information directly in the files is not supported
> > > currently...
> >
> > Thanks a lot for your explanation.
>
> Well, thankfully page is outdated :-) I've added context info on r726754.

hm ... is this appropriate context information? e.g. it should be used for all
occurances of the word "Move" when meaning "to take a turn in a game", right?
e.g. when manually using i18n calls the same context should be used to ensure
retrieval of the correct translation.

if you think that "@title:menu Game move" is good enough, then ok ... but we
need to add whatever the final verdict is to:

http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Localization/i18n#Standard_Context_For_Common_Phrases

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se