[Kde-games-devel] Bovo status

Eugene Trounev eugene.trounev at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 15:56:04 CEST 2007

On Monday 15 October 2007 08:06:02 Aron Boström wrote:
> * Background layer is painted stupidly and a background Image would fail
> instantly.
And why would your game need a 'background'? It's a naughts and crosses game,
it's played on paper, which is what? - white. Dough :D
> * Background layer is surrounded by thin grey border and a large white rim,
> with a smaller game board, the white rim is painted beneath the grid,
> causing very odd effects.
Never noticed anything.
> * The gomoku grid is misspainted, causing the game pieces to be drawn off
> position close to the edges,
That's easily solveable - remove that theme at all ;)
> * The game grid should be centered
Well, that's nothing to 'die for' imho.

> Bugs
> * The new action causes a new Demo to be played the first time is it fired
> when in Demo mode. To start a new game, there is a need to fire this action
> twice.
This is the only serious bug that has to be fixed, I think.

> Artwork issues:
> * Scribble grid looks really odd sometimes
I don't understand this one. It never looks 'odd' to me.
> * No background images, just plain background color
Paper is white :) (Actually to avoid stupid comments like this you can remove
all the other themes beside 'scribble'.
> * Artwork is amateur stuff,
> * Nothing is oxygene styled
No it's not. Says who? The only reason I never attempted to make a theme
for 'Bovo' is because I thought the default one - 'scribble' - was a blast
and didn't need improvements.
> * No game icon
This is going to change soon.

> Other issues:
> * The very hard and impossible difficulties are not implemented
 See Nicolases reply. He has a point :D
> * i18n of the theme doesn't work
Don't know about this one... But maybe someone can help you with this...
> * still missing a final docbook
That will change soon. ;)

> *sigh*
So the only 'real' bug here is: 'To start a new game, there is a need to fire
this action'. Can you fix it before 4.0?