[Kde-games-devel] Bovo status

Aron Boström aron.bostrom at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 14:06:02 CEST 2007

Hi all!

I'm concerned over Bovo. I don't think I can get it in shape for 4.0, I
fear.

These Issues, *should* be adressed, IMO. But I don't see how I will have
time to address them for the moment.

Painting bugs:
* Background layer is painted stupidly and a background Image would fail
instantly.
* Background layer is surrounded by thin grey border and a large white rim,
with a smaller game board, the white rim is painted beneath the grid,
causing very odd effects.
* The gomoku grid is misspainted, causing the game pieces to be drawn off
position close to the edges,
* The game grid should be centered

Bugs
* The new action causes a new Demo to be played the first time is it fired
when in Demo mode. To start a new game, there is a need to fire this action
twice.

Artwork issues:
* Scribble grid looks really odd sometimes
* No background images, just plain background color
* Artwork is amateur stuff,
* Nothing is oxygene styled
* No game icon

Other issues:
* The very hard and impossible difficulties are not implemented
* i18n of the theme doesn't work
* still missing a final docbook

*sigh*

Aron