[Kde-games-devel] kdegames i18n issues + some nitpicks

Ian Wadham ianw2 at optusnet.com.au
Thu Oct 11 04:00:58 CEST 2007

On Thu, 11 Oct 2007 06:09 am, Burkhard Lück wrote:
> Some nitpicks:
> kgoldrunner:
> wrong capitalization of tooltips for toolbar buttons?
> kjumpingcube:
> wrong capitalization of tooltip "Stop Thinking" for toolbar button?

I am finding this confusing.  Apparently the "text" of an action
is the name (title) that would appear on a menu item or a toolbar
button (with text) and so it should have book-title capitalisation.

However, in a toolbar, the "text" also doubles as a tooltip if no
other tooltip is supplied, and a tooltip should have sentence
capitalisation.  So, as a tooltip, "Stop Thinking" is wrong, but
it is right as a toolbar "text".

Should I be providing separate texts, tooltips and whatsthis items
for every button?  Each with appropriate capitalisation?

Cheers, Ian W.