[Kde-games-devel] ggz does not respect non-root installation

Josef Spillner spillner at kde.org
Wed Oct 10 10:00:33 CEST 2007

Am Çarşamba 10 Ekim 2007 08:17:32 schrieb Burkhard Lück:
> when I build recent kdegames from trunk as kde4 user, which is not root,
> with KDEDIR=$HOME/kdedev, ggz tries to write to the dir /etc/.

If this causes an error, it could be turned into a warning. This is similar to
installing KDE applications into a directory not in KDEDIRS where important
files such as icon, help etc. will then not be available. Introducing a
chained game registry mechanism (aka GGZMODULEFILES) is on the agenda, but
hasn't been implemented yet, so issuing a warning would be the best action to
take here at the moment.

Josef