[Kde-games-devel] ggz does not respect non-root installation

Burkhard Lück lueck at hube-lueck.de
Wed Oct 10 08:17:32 CEST 2007

Hi,

when I build recent kdegames from trunk as kde4 user, which is not root, with
KDEDIR=$HOME/kdedev, ggz tries to write to the dir /etc/.

These are the relevant lines from my build log:
running /usr/bin/ggz-config --install --force --modfile=/home/kdedev/svn/kdegames/kreversi/module.dsc
2>&1
Unable to read file /etc/ggz.modules: No such file or directory
Setting up GGZ game modules configuration in /etc/ggz.modules
Unable to create file /etc/ggz.modules: Permission denied
Insufficient permission to install modules

Burkhard Lück