[Kde-games-devel] KNetWalk

Fela Winkelmolen fela.kde at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 20:26:12 CEST 2007

I send this mail to the mailing list as it may be interesting fo others too.

On Friday 05 October 2007, Mauricio Piacentini wrote:
> [...]
>
> PS: The one missing piece imo is making the bg not stretch when
> resizing, but instead use an algorithm to keep its aspect ratio, and
> crop it either horizontally or vertically. This is something the artists
> asked for during aKademy, but no game implemented it so far. Maybe we
> can think about a standard way of handling it. If you want me to add
> KGameTheme support to KNetwalk as well I can maybe give it a try, it
> should not be hard.

About the background stretching issue I was thinking about having two
background images one that stretches over the whole area and one (called for
example BackgroundOverlay) that keeps it's aspect ratio, kinda what I did
with KBreakout but it would be also usefull for pictures that need to keep
their ratio to look nice, which, if I understand you correctly, is what you
want to solve. This would avoid having empty borders that may not look so
nice.

If you want to add KGameTheme support to KNetWalk go ahead, but I also don't
mind doing it myself, I'll have to add it to KBreakout at some point anyway
(Eugene already made a great theme for it! =)

- fela