[Kde-games-devel] KCardDialog

Luciano Montanaro mikelima at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 08:43:24 CEST 2007

Il Tuesday 02 October 2007 07:31:45 Martin Heni ha scritto:
> > I think it is an improvement. But in kpat it is not possible to select
> > the back independently from the front, so it would be better to remove
> > the "backs" list completely.
>
> The list is disabled. I think this is alright. One probably could also hide
> the list, but disabling is ok I think.

In the old dialog it was hidden. I think it makes sense to hide it completely
if the game does not support independent back selection. It also leaves more
space for the other list; some card decks have long names that are partially
hidden with the two lists layout.

> The preview of the back side I would keep showing as the game still uses a
> back side. However, to make this work correctly it is necessary to assign a
> matching back side to all front sides. I assigned backsides too all
> available decks but for some SVG this was not so clear. Maybe the deck
> creators can check this (and when putting new decks in macke the front-back
> assignment).

Well, the assignment is wrong for most SVG decks.

There is a problem with the "Lock backside to frontside": the list of backside
changes once it is deselected, at least with SVG cards.

And it should be hidden or ghosted anyway if the back selection is not
available, like the other filter options. I think the filter options section
should be hidden as well if nothing can be changed from there...

I feel the requester is too frame-heavy, but it was the same for the old
dialog as well... And spacing is a bit large between the frames.

> > And maybe the preview should show back and front in the same area:
> > like two overlapping cards, maybe.
>
> Funny, I had the same idea. But I save it for 4.1 ;-)

Fair enough.

Oh, I have just found out that the F9 and F10 shortcuts do not work in kpat.
That should be investigated...

Ciao,
Luciano