[Kde-games-devel] KTanks game

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Mon Nov 19 23:48:53 CET 2007

A Dilluns 19 Novembre 2007, Eugene Trounev va escriure:
> Dear KDEGames,
>
> Some of you might remember DrIDK who came to our IRC last week and
> offered to make a new KDEGame involving tanks, lots of fun and
> shooting :P
>
> Well, he contacted me today requestiong comments on some of his
> thoughts about the game engine. And I want your input. Please read the
> following excerpt and comment.
>
> ------------DrIDK wrote:
>
> "After having thought, I have chosen to use OpenGL in ktank games.
> QGraphicsView and SVG, are very slow for this games.

SVG is only slow "the first time you render it", which obviously you render to
a pixmap and then it is as fast as possible.

And QGraphicsView can render in openGL too.

But of course, he is free to use wathever he thinks that fits his needs
better :-)

Albert