[Kde-games-devel] KTanks game

Eugene Trounev eugene.trounev at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 18:15:41 CET 2007

Dear KDEGames,

Some of you might remember DrIDK who came to our IRC last week and
offered to make a new KDEGame involving tanks, lots of fun and
shooting :P

Well, he contacted me today requestiong comments on some of his
thoughts about the game engine. And I want your input. Please read the
following excerpt and comment.

------------DrIDK wrote:

"After having thought, I have chosen to use OpenGL in ktank games.
QGraphicsView and SVG, are very slow for this games.

Then, I decided to create a little OpenGl 2d Engine.  This can be used in
kdegames for other  games.
This little OpenGL 2d Engine, will based on QGLWidget.  The most important I
have to do, is to make collision detector with Regional' techniques. We have a
lot of advance! Like speed, full screen mode, and light effects...

Now, I hesitate between 2dView  and 2d isometric (3/4) view."