[Kde-games-devel] KDE/kdegames/katomic

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed May 30 10:03:47 CEST 2007

On Wednesday 30 May 2007, Dmitry Suzdalev wrote:
> If I understand you correctly you're suggesting some place where
> _technical_ descriptions of themes/levels/etc are held? I.e. some
> resource with docs&references for artists/level-makers/etc which they
> use while creating the content?
> And the content itself go to e.g. kde-look, yes?
>
> If I got it right, then I fully agree :-)

yep; we're going to be facing the exact same issues with plasma, btw. =)

> Perhaps this can start at wiki.kde.org or techbase.kde.org, I'm not
> sure.

user data customization really isn't appropriate for techbase which is for
software development, systems admin and eventually sys integration; wiki.k.o
might be a decent starting place though it's harder to raise visibility of
stuff there. techbase has been great for organizing content and making it
easily visible.

a wiki specifically for this purpose just seems .. "right" ...

> README's I commited were the effort to have at least _some_
> instructions for theme makers.

which is great; documentation is next to godliness, or something like that ;)

as i said, we're going to face related issues with plasma. i'm sure edu will
as well. i'm willing to help get it going post-4.0, though i won't be able to
work on it before then.

if we can get danimo and dhaumann to help us set it up based on their
experience with techbase, between our three (meta-)projects (edu, games and
plasma), plus whomever else might pitch in of course, i'm sure we could do
this up well.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se