[Kde-games-devel] what to do about Bovo?

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Tue May 29 20:37:34 CEST 2007

A Dimarts 29 Maig 2007, Guillaume Denry va escriure:
> 2007/5/29, Guillaume Denry <guillaume.denry at gmail.com>:
> > 2007/5/29, Johann Ollivier Lapeyre <johann.ollivierlapeyre at gmail.com>:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Bovo was very good in playground, and after the dev approval, it was
> > > moved to kdereview, even if the dev had a tmp computer issue.
> > >
> > > But now, the 1st june limit is coming, the aron's computer is still
> > > dead for few days, and the kdereview's bovo is crashing since at least
> > > 1 week. I asked to Guid to look on it, but he didn't found yet.
> >
> > Crash finally found. \o/
> > I'll send the patch in a few minutes for a review, stay tuned.
>
> Crash was caused by a multi-referencing of the same Coord pointer (m_coord)
> in the Move class. (Because of the implicit copy constructor of Move which
> copied pointers in the back() or last() function of QList)
> I replaced "Coord *m_coord;" by "Coord m_coord;" and changed some Move
> functions consequently, I think it won't cause any troubles now.

Well, you discovered the failure, but failed to implement the "least lines
change will fix it", that is implementing the copy constructor to behave
correctly
http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/kdereview/bovo/game/move.cc?r1=669582&r2=669581&pathrev=669582

I'm not saying that your patch was wrong (in fact i think it would be a good
thing to hold the Coord itself and not a pointer to a Coord), just mine is
more efficient in lines changed, and given neither me and you are the
mantainer i think is a good thing to change as less as possible.

Albert