[Kde-games-devel] Klickety in KDE4

Ian Wadham ianw2 at optusnet.com.au
Tue May 15 15:13:47 CEST 2007

On Tue, 15 May 2007 06:59 pm, Johann Ollivier Lapeyre wrote:
> I'm thinking too that it could be nice to merge klickety and ksame (based
> on the ksame code).
>
> For configuration options, we should ty to avoid them as possible, nobody
> want to go to the config dialog before to play (and almost nobody do). I'd
> prefer to see levels as kmines.
>
> On ksame4/klickety, we could have "higher the level is, higher the board
> size is and more colors to click".

Glancing at the KSame code, the numbers 3, 15, 10 seem to be wired in
once only, in the mainwindow.cpp.  Everything below that seems to depend
mainly on variables, so it should not be too hard to set up a 5, 10, 16 game
(Klickety) as an alternative.  It will need one more colored stone in the
SVGZ file.  As a crude first cut (proof of concept), you could just add
Klickety as a menu item in KSame's Game menu ... ;-)  Now there's a
bit of Aussie bush-carpentry for you ... :-)

I agree with Johann for the more general case.  We do not want to
bury the selection of KSame style, Klickety style or any other style in
a "Configure KSame" dialog.  Maybe KSame source could just generate
two executables, called klickety and ksame (?).

Who is maintaining KSame, BTW?

Cheers, Ian W.