[Kde-games-devel] kjeweled

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sun May 13 14:00:24 CEST 2007

A Diumenge 13 Maig 2007, Vic Fryzel va escriure:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to make a "Bejeweled" knock-off for KDE, called kjeweled.  I think
> that it should be pretty straight forward.  I'm convinced that this could
> be a "beautifying" game for KDE.  The nature of the game could really
> provide a lot of aesthetic appeal and fun.  I think it'd give a lot of
> people something to do in their spare time, and really add a staple to
> kdegames.

New games are always good :-)

> I've written a detailed description of the game.  It follows below.

> [snip]

> I was going to move forward with writing the game in C++ against the KDE/Qt
> libraries, although I was considering doing it in Python.  Do any game
> developers have any experiences with which worked out better for their
> game(s)?
>
> Does anyone have any hints for me before I move forward?  I'd like to host
> a Trac instance on my server, along with an SVN repository.

Why not host it on KDE SVN repository?

> Is there a way I could get some KDE artists to give me a hand with art for
> various parts of the game (e.g. gems, board tiles, gem stationary
> animations, gem movement animations, etc.)

Well, just start coding it with "ugly" graphics and keep in mind the
possibility of "themes" so an artist can come later and just changing image
files can change altogether the look of the game.

> Do we have any audio experts who could come up with some music and sound
effects?

As far as i know sound people is missing.

> Please let me know your ideas and comments.  Thanks!

Seems a cool game we'd like to have in KDE, go go go!

Albert