[Kde-games-devel] Hi kde-games-devel !

Ian Wadham ianw2 at optusnet.com.au
Tue May 8 06:16:49 CEST 2007

On Tue, 8 May 2007 02:44 am, Anarky wrote:
> So I will without doubt come back to this or on IRC list and ask stupid
> beginner's questions about libkdegames, please be prepared ;)
>
> Julien Bigot (Anarky)

There is a book "Open Source Game Development" by Martin Heni
and Andreas Beckermann (two members of our group), published
by Charles River in 2006.  It is mostly based on KDE 3 and Qt 3, but
it gives you an excellent background on some important classes,
as well as how to design a game in C++ and an introduction to
various game techniques you might need (e.g. 3D, AI, path-finding).

Cheers, Ian W,

P.S. Re poker see the thread "KPoker" in this list (archive maybe,
if you just joined).  Martin and Andi both have an interest, so maybe
you could help the masters out ... :-)