[Kde-games-devel] ksudoku's move to kdereview

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sun May 6 23:26:01 CEST 2007

A Dissabte 05 Maig 2007, Johannes Bergmeier va escriure:
> on thursday i moved ksudoku from playground to kdereview.
>
> ksudoku is a sudoku game, which provides a puzzle generator and solver and
> support for different variants of sudoku (like roxdoku, samurai and
> jigsaw). it was invited to be part of kdegames and is now allmost
> completely ported to KDE4.
>
> if you have suggestions on what parts needs to be improved or where our
> team did mistakes i would love to receive comments.
>
> Josel

My comments, please DO NOT take them as negative, it's just the things i tried
and did not make sense to me.

 * Each time i am in the start game widget i try to start a game double
clicking the type of game and i get nothing :D
 * Configure in start game is "Not implemented yet", a program in kdereview is
supposed to be finished, so either implement that ASAP or remove the
option ;-)
 * Same for Get New
 * Does "Play empty" has any usefulness besides beign cool?
 * Settings -> Configure ksudoku does nothing
 * I'm not sure the "Web" menu is allowed within KDE
 * I can't see "Show tracker doing anything", is it working and i can't see
the difference?
 * same for "Mouse only superscript mode"
 * There is Move->Undo and Edit->Undo !!!
 * Give Hint just "fills" the item, i'd prefer a blinking number so that i
could see which one i was hinted.
 * My status bar says "Selected item LITTLESQUARE" what's LITTLESQUARE?
 * Don't like all the numbers on the toolbar
 * Why does the "Numbers" menu don't actually have any numbers?
 * Play a "normal game" and then Numbers->m and ksudoku crashes
 * Settings -> Toolbars show two empty rows, please give your toolbars a
name :-)
 * File -> Export does not work
 * File -> Print does not work
 * File -> Save does not seem to be saving
 * Could not test File -> Open as could not get a game to be saved
 * Could not get a way to test Move -> Check and Move Push/Pop they are always
disabled.
 * Could you make the "Guided mode" only mark in red the ones that are wrong
given the current board?

All in all i have the impression the game still needs some polish, i would
want your opinion on how much time you think would be needed to fix most/all
of these issues.

Albert