[Kde-games-devel] Theming support

Branan Riley branan at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 16:00:54 CET 2007

If KDE is on windows, they can use KDE's extraction tool (ARK?) .zip
is just so much less efficient than tar.gz...

Why not add a class to libkdegames that handles reading in the .theme
files? It could read the magic number from the file, and use the right
decompression program. That would also avoid a lot of duplicate code
to read the .themerc file, etc. I'm thinking .zip, .tar.gz, and
.tar.bz2. Maybe .rar, but it is a proprietary format, which could
cause problems (I believe that RAR decompression is allowed, but not
compression? I'll have to double-check that).

Branan