[Kde-games-devel] Theming support

Tomasz Boczkowski tboczkowski at onet.pl
Sun Mar 18 12:57:52 CET 2007

Storing additional data in SVG/SVGZ file containing graphics is a good idea
but in some cases it would make games too complex. One example is ktuberling
that for every theme should provides sounds and translation files.

I think we should provide unified extendable theme format for all games. I
consider a compressed folder with extension *.theme or *.tar.gz containing
following elements:
- themerc ( including information about author, license, installation
directory and specyfing optional game data location )
- preview.png
- license
and optionally:
- *.desktop file
- SVG graphics
- sounds / music

Of coarse, graphics unrelated game data could be stored in SVG according to
artist's and developer's needs.

Such solution would enable writing a theme installator, that launched by
double-clicking a theme file would place it in a correct location.

Regards,
  Tomasz Boczkowski