[Kde-games-devel] Theming suport

Mark A. Taff marktaff at comcast.net
Thu Mar 15 18:37:01 CET 2007

On Thursday 15 March 2007 09:07:34 Branan Riley wrote:
> * All KDE games should be themable eventually, but not necessarily for
> KDE4.0

I would submit that all games that make the KDE4 cut (as opposed to games
ready for KDE4.x.x) Should have themeing support built-in, even if only one
theme is provided.

A market for for my ficticious game, ktaffgame, themes won't develop on
kde-look if ktaffgame isn't able to use them.  So, let's at least empower the
end-users, third parties, etc, even if we don't have time to make as many
themes as we would like prior to KDE 4.

I haven't gotten into it personally, but it seems trivial to me (yeah, famous
last words) to build in themeing support when all we are talking about is
spec'ing an svg file, especially if we have a common selection widget for the
config dialog.

As for backgrounds, I think they should all be svg as well, except when there
are compelling reasons for using a raster image for a particular background.

Regards,

Mark