[Kde-games-devel] First wishes for KGamePopupItem

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Jun 26 05:59:47 CEST 2007

Dmitry Suzdalev wrote:
> Btw, Matthew, did I get it right that decoration() should be used for e.g.
> setting pen color for drawing rectangular border of item in this case?

decoration() is for special effects, currently mouse hover and input
focus; you probably don't need that here :-). (Mostly they are there for
styles, e.g. two of the custom colors in Plastik's configuration are
going to go away because they now come from KColorScheme :-), leaving
the custom check color.)

> Or should I just use Qt::black as it'll look well in any case I think.

You could use Qt::black... until someone decides they like tips with a
black background ;-). Seriously, we're talking games and if that's what
you want to do, well games can be excepted from the u7y/a11y police :-).

Otherwise... there is shade, which is really meant for getting the 3d
colors, but using just ShadowShade would probably work well if you're
going for a flatter look (and you can safely feed it the user-specified
background color).

--
Mathew
(sorry, .sig file is on the other computer)