[Kde-games-devel] Fwd: kgoldrunner data

Luciano Montanaro mikelima at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 15:17:15 CEST 2007

On lunedì 25 giugno 2007, Ian Wadham wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Jun 2007 07:14 pm, Luciano Montanaro wrote:
> > Seriously, I do not think there would be too many new messages
> > to handle. Yes, they are a bit long, but I would not consider
> > having them translated a wasted effort.
>
> Oh well, you've talked me into it.  57 long messages coming up! :-)

Eh, eh! Great. I'll be at the aKademy, if the other translator teams want to
have a word with me.

> > There is another issue: The game refers to the "hero" as the green man,
> > but current default graphics does not show green anywhere. Maybe that
> > part should be changed.
>
> Yes.  The doco will have the same problem.  With theming, the
> hero could be any color or shape, so how do the doco and tutorial
> describe him and the enemies?  I'll have to think about that.  Also
> the screen shots in the doco need updating when the default theme
> has been finalised ... and the sections explaining the screen shots ...

Yes, it's not really an easy problem to solve. You may simply update the
description to match the default graphics.

If rich text is allowed in the game, one frame from the hero animation may
be shown in line with the text.

For the manual, it may be a bit easier, the default graphics will suffice.

What would be great would be to have some sort of "attract" mode for the
game, like on old style arcade machines, showing the gameplay with an
animation. But I can wait for KDE 4.1 forthat ;)

Luciano