[Kde-games-devel] KGomoku

Pelladi Gabor pelladigabor at gmail.com
Sat Jun 23 23:04:52 CEST 2007

I downloaded bovo from svn, but could not compile it, because cmake
says: Unknown CMake command "kde4_automoc". I'm new to kde4 and cmake,
sure I missed something.

But I looked at the screenshots and the source, and bono is a very
promising game to be my favourite (I love gomoku). My AI is fairly
strong, far better than myself. It implements alpha-beta pruning,
hashing, and strong heuristics to evaluate a position and to suggest
good next possible moves for the search. You can integrate this AI into
bono if you wish.

Because this AI was written to battle on a network against others, it
lacks support of playing with both players (demo mode), board size is
hardcoded, and no support for taking back a move. I plan to add these.
The source also needs some more comments.